Free delivery to your house every SATURDAY. Orders need to be received by Thursday at 8:00 a.m. for each week’s delivery. If you will not be available for drop off, please leave a cooler with ice outside your door.
Our partner farm is Richardson Farms in Rockdale, Texas.
The benefits of our beef include:
1. We raise grass-fed beef cattle that spend their entire lives in open pastures. They eat native grasses; annual crops of oats, wheat, alfalfa, and sorghum; and periodically, baled hay. We do not feed grains to the finishing cattle.
2. We typically keep 25–50 head of beef cattle and use the following breeds which are well suited for grass-finishing: Angus, Jersey, Hereford and their crosses.
3. Our cows live in a stress-free environment, where their health and well-being are our main priorities. The feeding and care of our grass-fed cattle is vastly different from that of conventional grain-fed beef cattle that live in crowded farming conditions.
4. The cattle do not receive antibiotics or growth hormones at any time in their lives.
5. Because our cattle feed on grass rather than grains, there’s a difference in the nutrients and fats found in our beef. The health benefits of grass-fed beef include a greater balance of omega 6 to omega 3 fats, conjugated linoleic acid for heart health, vital minerals, and antioxidant vitamins.
6. We keep all aspects of rearing and preparing our beef local to Texas. The meat is prepared at the Westphalia Market, which is a state-inspected facility.