Listen to WFP HealthTalk Radio podcast with homeopath Dr. Noel Peterson as he explains the benefits of homeopathy and what it is used to treat including neuromas, asthma, and more….
Dr. Noel Peterson owns Austin Clinic Homeopathy and received his training in classical homeopathy from Northwestern Academy of Homeopathy in Minneapolis, MN in 2008.
What is Homeopathy?
- Homeopathy is a holistic and natural form of healing that treats the whole person. Whether mental, emotional, or physical complaints are the chief reason/s you are seeking help, regardless of your diagnosis, homeopathy can help you by increasing your individual strength and resistance to disease. Instead of treating your illness, homeopathy is used to assist you in living the healthier, happier, and fuller life you seek.
- Homeopathy is a well established treatment modality for chronic, acute, and first aid complaints. It is gaining wider popularity and recognition in the United States, and is thoroughly practiced throughout the world in places like India and Greece.
- Homeopathy is a safe and gentle practice and renders no side effects from treatment. Patients often experience immediate and noticeable relief, whereas others experience benefits in more subtle ways over time. Both are effective means of seeking the end result of whole health.
How can it help?
- Homeopathy seeks to boost the innate healing response your body naturally has. For example, a cut on your finger will naturally heal itself without any aid from a medicine. That healing intelligence is what homeopathy seeks to initiate in a rapid and gentle way so that all physiological systems function at their best.
- Taking into account the full inventory of mental, emotional, and physical symptoms, homeopathic remedies are chosen based on the full analysis of those symptoms. For example, two people who are both experiencing feelings of being depressed may need two entirely different remedies based on the totality of their symptoms and how they are experiencing them.
- Essential to effective homeopathic care is the information that you provide to your practitioner. The homeopathic interview involves extensive questioning that may cover unfamiliar ground for those who are accustomed to a few quick questions from a busy doctor. Your practitioner will take as much time as needed with you and pay careful attention to the detailed characteristics of your complaints. This can include such things as the location of the complaint as precisely as possible, the character of the sensation or pain, factors that make the feeling better or worse, the onset of the symptoms, your general diet, sexuality, and emotional patterns.
Who can it help?
- Homeopathy is effective for patients of all ages. The infant years and beyond can all benefit with homeopathic treatment. Patients receive the best care and most effective treatment the earlier the problem is cared for. Working in conjunction with your physician, therefore, can prove to be very useful in your comprehensive health care strategy.
- Treatment plans are all individualized depending on the vitality of the individual, what the chief complaints are, and how early they are being cared for.
- Patients improve over widely varying periods of time. The improvement is usually proportionate to how long you have had the problem or condition, and how severe it is. You may have ups and downs and particular symptoms may not resolve for many months in some cases, but your general health should get better, and you should feel steady, gradual improvement in your energy and well-being.
What are remedies?
- Homeopathic remedies are made primarily from plants and simple minerals. These substances are prepared by a process of repeated dilution and shaking, which makes them capable of stimulating the healing process. Remedies are given to stimulate the whole body to heal itself, while herbs and regular drugs and medicines are given to take away specific symptoms generally from specific parts of the body.
- Homeopathic remedies are made at special FDA regulated and approved homeopathic pharmacies according to very high standards of purity. They are subject to well-defined regulatory processes that more closely resemble those that apply to medical pharmaceuticals than to dietary supplements. Certain health food stores and food cooperatives carry remedies. Please contact me for locations in the Austin area.
- As little remedy as possible is used. After a remedy is given, your individual response is carefully observed, and the remedy is changed only if necessary.